Only a few days after seeding a minor v1.74 stability update, Sony has officially rolled out the anticipated firmware v1.75 update for its PlayStation 4 console, adding support for Blu-Ray 3D playback and improving sound quality on Blu-Ray and DVD videos during 1.5x playback speed. You can download the PUP file for this update via the direct download links given below.
Download Firmware 1.75 PUP
Click here (Size: 185MB) to download firmware v1.75 for Sony PlayStation®4. Full changelog for this firmware update is given below.
- Support for Blu-Ray 3D playback
- System messages now moved from top-right corner of the screen to the top-left corner
- Improved sound quality during 1.5x playback in DVD and Blu-Ray videos
- The console can now be configured in Settings → System → Automatic Downloads and Uploads to automatically download PlayStation®Store’s featured content while it is in Standby mode or powered on.
How to Manually Update
- Download the aforementioned firmware update file (PS4UPDATE.PUP) on your PC.
- Plug in a USB drive formatted in FAT32 file system with at least 400MB of free space.
- Copy the PS4UPDATE.PUP to PS4 » UPDATE folder inside the USB drive.
- Next, connect the USB drive to your PS4 console.
- Navigate to Settings > System Software Update and then follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the upgrade process.
Don’t forget to share your experience with the new update!
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.