Sony has finally gone live with the global rollout of a new firmware update (version 1.74) for its PlayStation 4 gaming console, aimed at providing a bunch of minor stability improvements for the system software. You can automatically apply this update by navigating to Settings > System Software Update if you’re console is already connected to the internet. Alternatively, the PUP file for this update can be downloaded via the direct downloaded via the direct download links given below.
Download Firmware 1.74 for PS4
Click here (~180MB) to download firmware version 1.74 PUP file for Sony PlayStation 4. What follows is a brief step-by-step tutorial that’ll guide you through the manual upgrade process of this firmware.
Manual Upgrade Instructions
- Connect a USB flash drive to your PC with at least 300MB of free space. Make sure it’s formatted in FAT32 file system.
- Create a new folder named “PS4” in the USB. Inside the “PS4” directory, create another folder titled “UPDATE”.
- Download the aforementioned “PS4UPDATE.PUP” file and copy it to “UPDATE” folder.
- Next, plug in the flash drive to PS4’s USB port.
- After that, navigate to Settings > System Software Update and then follow the onscreen instructions to finalize the update.
- Do not operate the console while upgrade is in progress.
Upon completion, you can verify your current software version in Settings > System > System Information.
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.