A new update which appears to be a sort of “test” version of firmware B127, labeled with B127SP02 name tag (build P7-L10V100R001C00B127SP02), has popped up online for Ascend P7 (L10) devices. Disappointingly enough, it’s still based on EMUI 2.3 & Android 4.4.2 KitKat and right now it only seems to be assembled by Huawei for developmental purposes.
That being said, users report that is fully stable & functional and it can easily be applied using P7’s inbuilt software update utility even while having root access – without losing any data unlike the usual OS updates at all! Of course, you guys will have to re-root your devices using your favourite toolkit that has supported scripts.
B127SP02 – Firmware Details
- Device: Huawei Ascend P7
- Model: P7-L10
- Android Version: v4.4.2 KitKat
- EMUI: 2.3
- Firmware: B127-SP02
- Build Name: P7-L10V100R001C00B127SP02
- Kernel: 3.0.8
- Availability: Manual Download
- Size: ~1.1 GB
Download Links: You can download V100R001C00B127SP02 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for your Ascend P7-L10 using these links –
Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 (Mega Link)
How to Update
- Create a solid backup of your phone’s current operating system and keep it somewhere safe. [Disclaimer: Although this firmware has already been fully tested by several users I still won’t be held liable for bricked phones!]
- Download “B127SP02.zip” on your PC using the aforementioned links.
- Connect your Ascend P7 to the computer in mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder in root directory phone’s SD card named “dload”.
- Extract “B127SP02.zip” on your PC and copy the extrated “Update.app” file to the new dload folder.
- After that, go to Settings → System Update → Local Update and wait for a few minutes before the phone gets updated.
As there’s no changelog yet, you guys’ll have to tell me if this update brings any changes or not.
Firmware Source: Huaweiblog.de
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.