Kindle Fire HDX and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″ users can now update their tablets to the new firmware v3.2.6 Amazon has rolled out online today. Although installing this update won’t bring much of a difference in the OS’s feature list and overall user experience, you’re still recommended to apply it in order to get the latest security patches, bug-fixes and performance enhancements that Amazon has baked into the firmware.
In this article I’ve put together the direct download links to the firmware package for both the tablets alongside a brief step-by-step tutorial to help you get through the manual upgrade process as easily as possible. To receive this update automatically over the air, just make sure you have an active wireless connect and navigate to Settings > Device > System Updates > Check Now and then tap the Update button to proceed.
Download Firmware Version 3.2.6 BIN Package
- Device Name: Kindle Fire HDX/Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″
- Firmware: 3.2.6
- Software Build: x.3.2.6_user_bin.326001820
- Android: 4.x JellyBean
- Type: Minor
- Date: 24-09-2014
- Size: ~801 MB
- Availability: OTA + Download Links
- Click here to download firmware 126.96.36.199 for your Kindle Fire HDX
- Click here to download firmware 188.8.131.52 for your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″
How to Update
- Download the right firmware package for your tablet via the above links and save it to your PC.
- Connect your Kindle Fire to the PC through a USB cable.
- Copy the BIN package to the root directory (i.e. without placing it inside any folder) of Kindle’s internal/flash memory. You’re recommended to you use Android File Transfer utility to copy the files.
- Monitor the progress and disconnect the USB cable once it gets completed.
- Navigate to Quick Settings » Settings » Device » System Updates and tap the “Update” button.
- It should take a minute or two for the update to complete.
After the update has finished, the current software version of your tablet in Quick Settings » Settings » Device » System Updates should be “x.3.2.6_user_bin.326001820”.
That’s all folks – stay tuned for more updates!
Like this post? Stay tuned for more updates! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.