The official nightlies of CM12 Android 5.0 Lollipop are yet to be outed by the CyanogenMod Team for all smartphones in a couple of weeks but that certainly hasn’t stopped devs from compiling unofficial CyanogenMod 12 custom ROM builds, giving raring users an early glimpse at the new OS.
HTC One M7 owners can now upgrade their devices to CyanogenMod 12 (CM12) Custom ROM based on the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop OS using the easy step-by-step tutorial alongside the necessary files given in this article below. And trust me, you guys are gonna love it!
Download CM12 Custom ROM for One M7
- Device: HTC One M7
- Codename: m7
- Android: v5.0 Lollipop
- CM Version: CyanogenMod 12
- Kernel: 3.4.x
- Date: 28-11-2014
- Status: Alpha build
- MD5 Sum: 3d5659c35352389673880e414eef5d6c
- Developer: santod040@XDA
Download Link: Click here (Size: 239.9 MB) to download unofficial CM12 Custom ROM for One M7
Gapps: Click here to download the necessary Lollipop-compatible Google apps (Gapps) for CM12 custom ROM. You can use some lighter package with fewer Gapps too if it’s compatible with Android 5.0 ROMs.
Before you get going here are some screenshots you might want to take a look at…
Upgrade HTC One M7 to CM12 ROM
- HTC One (2013) M7. This ROM can’t be flashed on other devices!
- A Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) already installed on phone
- Unlocked bootloader, visit this page
- A USB cable with all appropriate drivers installed on PC
- Full backup of existing ROM built using the custom recovery. Flashing a ROM wipes out phone’s entire internal storage and a system gets installed from scratch
- At least 40% of remaining battery
Disclaimer: This is an unofficial build of CM12 that isn’t supported by the CyanogenMod Team and, given its alpha status, it is bound to carry unwanted bugs that can cause random reboots, app freezes and device malfunctions. Neither we nor the developers of this ROM shall be held responsible for your phone getting bricked by this firmware. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
In this procedure I’ll be outlining all the steps using CWM custom recovery as an example. You can use any recovery you want but do make sure that you perform all the actions in exactly the same way.
- Download the CM12 Custom ROM and Gapps for your device using the above mentioned links.
- Connect your phone to the computer over a USB connection in mass storage mode.
- Copy “cm-12-20141128-UNOFFICIAL-m7.zip” and “gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip” to the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
- Also extract the “Boot.img” file from the “cm-12-20141128-UNOFFICIAL-m7.zip” package on your computer.
- Monitor the progress and then disconnect all the cables once it gets completed. Turn off the phone completely.
- Download ADB 1.0.31 & Fastboot.zip and extract its contents on your PC. Copy the Boot.img file to the extracted folder.
- Boot your phone by holding Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for 8-10 seconds and enter Fastboot mode.
- On your PC go to the folder “ADB 1.0.31 & Fastboot” and open command window by pressing Shift + Right Mouse Button.
- Verify that your phone is connected to the computer in Fastboot using this command: fastboot devices
- Enter this string in the command line: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Upon completion, enter this line: fastboot reboot-bootloader
- Enter the Bootloader and navigate to the Recovery Mode using the Volume keys and Power button.
- In the Custom Recovery, perform a wipe of Cache and Data partitions and clear out the Dalvik cache (usually present in Advanced menu) too.
- Finally, go to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SDcard” option and choose “cm-12-20141128-UNOFFICIAL-m7.zip” ROM package. It’ll take a few minutes to complete.
- Repeat the above step to flash Lollipop Gapps (“gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip”).
- After flashing the Gapps, return to the main menu and then reboot your device normally.
That’s all, you’ve finally installed CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM on your HTC One M7! Should you encounter any issue or you have some useful tips regarding the flashing guide feel free to comment about it below.
Like this post? Hit the shiny buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.