Huawei has finally published the first official iteration of stable Emotion UI 3.0 KitKat firmware update (version B331) for both the Mobile and Unicom (international) Ascend Mate smartphone. What’s new is the terrific interface that sports minimal UI elements together with several feature improvements for individual apps.
- Device: Ascend Mate
- Models: MT1-U06/MT1-T00
- Android: v4.4.2 KitKat
- Firmware: B331
- Build Number: V100R001CHNC00B331
- Previous Version: B930 (Stable) | B321 (Beta)
- EMUI: 3.0
- Region: China
- Date: 28-02-2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Stable firmware image
- File Name: MT1-xx_EMUI3.0_Android4.4_V100R001CHNC00B331.zip
- MT1-U06: Download here | Size: 849.73 MB | MD5 Hash: 6789EB63430C7A830D8452527DB28300
- MT1-T00: Download here | Size: 839.96 MB | MD5 Hash: 88D42F2F259FC84EEE681E0464C6A80F
How to Install
- Your Mate needs to be running one of these builds before upgrading: B930 or B321.
- Create a system backup through MTKdroidTools and just through the inbuilt utility.
- Take a 2GB microSD card and format it in FAT32 filesystem.
- Download the appropriate firmware package and extract it.
- Create a new folder “dload” in the root of your microSD card and copy the Update.app file to it.
- Turn off your phone and insert the SD card.
- Reboot into update mode by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power. Release the Power button upon vibration.
- The entire upgrade process should take about 3-5 minutes.
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.