Google has started the rollout of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (build LMY47V) for Micromax Canvas A1 and other Android One devices including Karbonn Sparkle and Spice Dream Uno. You can download the OTA Zip package of this update for Micromax Canvas A1 via the official link given on this page.
- Device: Micromax Canvas A1
- Model: AQ4501
- Codename: Sprout
- Android: v5.1.1 Lollipop
- Build: LMY47V
- Previous Version: LMY47O
- Region: India
- Date: 30-05-2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Incremental OTA
- File Name: 906842e8b92e00c213582b103e6369dbae83d37f.signed-sprout-mmx-LMY47V-from-LMY47O.906842e8.zip
- Size: 11.8 MB
- MD5 Hash: a3bac2f3277df68b22d720f0041820f5
Download Link: Click here to download Canvas A1 Android 5.1.1 OTA
How to Install
- Download the OTA package via the aforementioned link and rename it to “LMY47V.zip”.
- This update needs your phone to have LMY47O installed first. If you haven’t got this then download it here (410 MB) and install it before installing LMY47V using the same procedure.
- Connect your Canvas to the PC and transfer the update package to the main directory of the SD card.
- Next, reboot into the recovery: Power off your phone, hold Vol Up + Power button until a menu appears. Move to “Recovery” using Vol Down and select it by pressing Vol Up button. When you see a dead bot hold Power and then press Volume Up once to enter the recovery.
- Navigate to “Apply update from SD card”, choose your update package and install it.
- After that, do whatever you want to do, and finally reboot your phone.
OTA captured by GokuINC@XDA-Developers
Like this post? Use the cool buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.