Motorola Moto 360 is finally receiving the much-awaited Android Wear 5.1.1 update that brings Wifi connectivity, cloud sync, always-on apps, mutli-wearable support and MediaBrowser support. This update is being rolled out over the air in stages so it’ll take a few days to hit your watch. We’ve provided a direct download link to the OTA package below.
- Device: Moto 360
- Codename: Metallica
- Android: v5.1.1 Lollipop
- Firmware: LDZ22O
- Previous Build: LWX49L
- Date: 18-06-2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Incremental OTA
- File Name: 7dc4415e11d07ed092f3e1988fec892aaf5974fb.signed-metallica-LDZ22O-from-LWX49L.7dc4415e.zip
- Size: 47 MB
Download Link: Click here to download LDZ22O OTA for Moto 360
How to Flash
For someone who has managed to establish a solid ADB connection between his wearable and computer, flashing this OTA should be a piece of cake :-)
- First of all, you need to make sure you have a fully stock System, stock recovery and an unlocked bootloader. You’re also going to need access to ADB & Fastboot on your PC.
- Rename the OTA you’ve downloaded as “update.zip” and open a command window in the same folder (Shift + RMB > “Open command window here”).
- Connect your watch to the PC and enable debugging.Now execute the following commands (line by line) – make sure you’ve root privileges.⇒ adb shell su
⇒ echo ‘boot-recovery’ > /cache/recovery/command
⇒ echo ‘–update_package=/cache/update.zip’ >> /cache/recovery/command
⇒ echo ‘–wipe_cache’ >> /cache/recovery/command
⇒ echo ‘reboot’ >> /cache/recovery/command
⇒ reboot recovery
- Your watch will automatically reboot after flashing the OTA package.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.