Huawei has kickstarted the rollout of B304 Android 6.0 Marshmallow to its Honor 7 (PLK-UL00) handsets in India. Strangely enough, this update can only be downloaded upon registration with Huawei. But, worry not, you can easily download the full firmware package here and flash it the traditional way.
- Device: Huawei Honor 7
- Model: PLK-UL00
- Android: v6.0 Marshmallow
- EMUI: 4.0
- Firmware: B304
- Build Number: PLK-UL00C675B304
- Required Version: B160/B170
- Status: Official (Beta)
- Type: Full firmware image
- Date: 28.12.2015
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Country: India
- File Name: Honor7_Marshmallow_version_B304.rar
This update is only intended/suitable for the Indian Honor 7 (PLK-UL00). Your device has to be running C675B160 or C675B170 in order to be able to flash this firmware. Here are the main steps to installation.
- Download the RAR package from the above-mentioned mirror and extract it using any archive utility.
- You’ll get a folder ‘dload’ alongside a PDF or two.
- Copy the ‘dload’ folder to your Honor’s external microSD card.
- Make sure the SD card is formatted in FAT32 filesystem and doesn’t contain any other dload folder.
- Finally, unplug the USB cable and open the Updater app. Go to Menu > Local Update, select the full Update.app package and flash it.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.