Huawei Watch just received the much-awaited Android Wear 1.5 update via OTA. This update fixes a slew of bugs and adds some new features too.
- Device: Huawei Watch
- Codename: Sturgeon
- Android: Wear 1.5
- OS Version: v6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Firmware: 22.214.171.12454763
- Build: MWD69
- Security Patch Level: June 1, 2016
- Release Date: 27.06.2015
- Status: Official (stable)
- Type: Incremental (delta) OTA
- File Name: 6bae896422cb963c01b479eea9838f1b1b0d705e.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror (Google Server) | Size: 74.3 MB
How to Install
Warning: This OTA can only be installed a fully stock (unmodified) Wear 1.4 system. Make sure your device is running the stock recovery – TWRP or any other custom recovery will throw an error during installation.
- You’ll require ADB & Fastboot on your PC for this procedure.
- Download the OTA zip package from above and rename it as ‘update.zip’. Copy it to the directory where adb is present.
- Now connect your Huawei Watch to the computer. Make sure that debugging is enabled in the Developer options.
- Open a command window in the OTA folder (Shift + Right click > ‘open command window here’)
- Execute the following command to verify connectivity: adb devices
- Now reboot into fastboot using this command: adb reboot-bootloader
- In the bootloader, navigate to “Reboot recovery” option by pressing the side button and select it by holding the same button.
- Once in recovery, choose “Apply update from adb” from the menu
- Now execute this command on your computer: adb sideload update.zip
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.