Huawei Ascend Mate 7 (MT7-L09) is getting a new OTA update, version B571, in European countries. You can download the Zip package of this OTA via direct Mega link provided in this post.
- Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 7
- Model: MT7-L09
- Android: v6.0 Marshmallow
- EMUI: 4.0
- Firmware: B571
- Build number: MT7-L09C432B571
- Previous Version: B560
- Region: Europe
- Release Date: 22.07.2016
- Status: Official
- Type: Incremental OTA (delta)
- File name: update.zip
Download Link: Click here (MEGA mirror) | Size: 318.0 MB
Important Note: This is an incremental OTA that requires an unrooted device with stock recovery and unmodified System partition (no Xposed). Make sure that you have the European MT7-L09 model that’s already running B560 firmware onboard. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
- Copy the update.zip package to the external microSD card of your device – place it inside a folder “dload” (create one if it isn’t already there).
- Take a backup of your existing data using Huawei’s Backup app.
- Unplug the USB cable and open the dialer app.
- Dial *#*#2846579#*#* to open the Project Menu.
- Go to Software Upgrade > SDCard Upgrade and confirm update installation.
If the update isn’t found, you may want to place the update.app file present inside this Zip package into the dload folder instead – but it isn’t recommended since there’s a chance of your phone getting bricked. You’ll be better off using the full firmware package with fewer compatibility issues.
OTA by Skorpi58@xda-developers
Thanks Pavel for the tip!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.