Huawei P9 Lite (VNS-L21) owners can now get a sneak peak into the upcoming Nougat based Emotion UI 5.0 update thanks to the new B336 beta released by Huawei in European countries. This update is currently being rolled out via OTA to select users only but you can easily download the full firmware package here and install it through a custom recovery.
- Device: Huawei P9 Lite
- Model: VNS-L21
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Build: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B336
- Version Number: VNS-L21C432B336
- Build Date: Dec 9 12:18:01 CST 2016
- Security Patch Level: December 1, 2016
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware package
- File Name: update.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror (HiCloud) | Size: 1.3 GB
Disclaimer: As the mentioned above, this is an early beta update that may cause compatibility issues with hardware or certain 3rd party apps. Proceed at your own risk!
- Requirements: You’ll need a VNS-L21 handset already running a C432 based build with TWRP custom recovery installed.
- Download the update.zip package from above and copy it to your phone.
- Turn your phone off and reboot into recovery mode by holding Volume up + Power for a few seconds.
- In TWRP, perform a backup of all the partitions and store it in the external SD card.
- Now return to the main screen, go to Install, choose the update.zip package you copied in the second step and confirm its installation.
- Upon installation, return to the main screen and perform a factory reset. Reboot your device after that.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.