Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 variant just got the beta version of Android 7.0 Nougat update tagged with version number B335 and based on the new Emotion UI 5.0 interface. This update is being rolled out via OTA to devices enrolled in the Nougat beta program in Europe but you can easily download the full update package using the official link provided here and install it manually.
- Device: Huawei P9 Lite
- Model: VNS-L31
- Android: v7.0 Nougat
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B335
- Version Number: VNS-L31C432B335
- Build: NRD90M
- Security Patch Level: December 1, 2016
- Release Date: 14.12.2016
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware image
- File name: update.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror (HiCloud) | Size: 1.5 GB
How to Update
Warning: This is a beta update so it may sometimes cause issues with 3rd party apps and wireless connectivity. Be extra careful while installing this update and take proper backups beforehand. Proceed at your own risk!
- Requirements: Unlocked bootloader & TWRP custom recovery.
- Download the update.zip package from the aforementioned link.
- Connect your device to the computer and copy the update.zip package to internal memory or SD card.
- Turn your phone off and reboot into recovery mode by holding Volume up + Power for a few seconds.
- In the recovery mode, take a backup of all the partitions. Make sure it is set to use the SD card for storage.
- Now return to the main screen, go to Install and choose the update.zip package you copied to your device.
- When the installation completes, perform a factory reset and then reboot your phone normally.
- Whenever you want to roll back to the previous firmware, you can simply restore the backup instead of flashing it again.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.