A beta version of B320 Android 7.0 Nougat update (EMUI 5.0) is now available for Huawei Nova CAN-L11 in the European region. You can download the full firmware package of this update using the direct download link provided below.
- Device: Huawei Nova
- Model: CAN-L11
- Android: v7.0 Nougat
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B320
- Build Number: CAN-L11C432B320
- Security Patch Level: December 1, 2016
- Region: Europe
- Release Date: 26.12.2016
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware package
- File Name: update.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.6 GB
Region Patch (EU): Click here | Size: 852 MB
Compatibility: This update should only be installed on the European Huawei Nova variant that is already running a C432Bxx based firmware.
- Download the update.zip package and extract its contents.
- Create a new folder “dload” in the external microSD card of your phone.
- Copy the extracted UPDATE.APP package to the new dload folder (make sure it doesn’t contain any other file).
- Take a backup of your important data before proceeding.
- Now open the dialer app and type *#*#2846579#*#
- In the menu that pops up, go to Software update > SD Card update > “Ok”
If the above method results in failed installation, you’ll have to install it using a custom recovery like TWRP. Simply copy the entire update.zip package to your phone and install after rebooting into TWRP and taking a full backup. You’d also want to install the region patch provided above the same way to retain functionality.
Here’s a good video that’ll give you an overview of the new update (credits: Jozinek@xda-developers)
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.