There’s a new B156 Nougat based firmware update available for the Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-L09) variant based in Middle East. This update comes with Android security patch level of January 1.
- Device: Huawei Mate 9
- Model: MHA-L09
- Android: v7.0 Nougat
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B156
- Build Number: MHA-L09C185B156
- Security Patch Level: January, 2017
- Release Date: 8.01.2017
- Region: Middle East
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware package
- File Name: update.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.7 GB
How to Update
Compatibility: This firmware can be installed on the Middle Eastern (or some African) devices that are running a firmware based on C185 build number.
- Download the update.zip package provided above and extract it on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable and create a new folder “dload” in the external microSD.
- Copy the extracted UPDATE.APP package to dload folder you created in the previous step.
- Take a full backup using official backup app provided by Huawei.
- Open the dialer app and enter *#*#2846579#*#*
- In the project menu, go to software upgrade > SD card Upgrade and confirm the installation.
The full changelog in different languages is available in XML here. Its summary is:
› Added x10 zoom
› Optimized display of homescreen drawer
› Decreased CPU load for multi-core processes
› Latest Google security patches
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.