There is a new B172 Nougat beta update available for Huawei Mate 9 (MHA-L29) in the Middle Eastern region. This update optimizes system performance, stability and power usage.
- Device: Huawei Mate 9
- Model: MHA-L29
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B172
- Build Number: MHA-L29C185B172
- Security Patch Level: February 1, 2017
- Status: Official (Beta)
- Type: Full firmware package
- Release Date: 16.03.2017
- Region: Middle East
- File Name: update.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.7 GB
Cust Package: Click here | Size: 564 MB
Verify your phone’s model number from Settings > About Phone and make sure it’s already running a C185 based version.
- Download and extract the “update.zip” and “update_full_hw_meafnaf.zip” packages provided above. Both these will give a file named UPDATE.APP.
- Connect your phone to your PC and create a new folder “dload” in its external microSD card.
- Now, copy the UPDATE.APP extracted from “update.zip” package to the new dload folder you created earlier.
- Power your device off.
- Hold Volume down + Volume up + Power for a few seconds to start the update installation.
- Once your phone starts up after installing the update, delete the UPDATE.APP package from dload folder.
- Now copy the UPDATE.APP file extracted from “update_full_hw_meafnaf.zip” to the same dload folder.
- Finally install this file by repeating step 6.
- Your device should already be running TWRP custom recovery.
- Download the “update.zip” and “update_full_hw_meafnaf.zip” from the links provided above and copy them both to your phone.
- Turn your phone off and reboot into TWRP.
- Before proceeding, take a full backup of all the partitions and make sure it is stored in the external microSD card.
- Now return to the main menu and install the “update.zip” package.
- Next, install “update_full_hw_meafnaf.zip” the same way and then reboot your phone afterwards.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.