Huawei P10 (VTR-L29) handsets in Asian Pacific countries have a new B133 Nougat based beta update available to download. This update is intended to improve device stability and update the security patch level to April 5.
- Device: Huawei P10
- Model: VTR-L29
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- EMUI: 5.0
- Version: NRD90M
- Firmware: B133
- Build Number: VTR-L29C636B133
- Security Patch Level: April 5, 2017
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Release Date: 9.05.2017
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware image
- File Name: update.zip
» Update.zip: Official Mirror | Size: 2.0 GB
» Cust Package: Official Mirror – Note: Rename it to update_all_hw.zip after downloading
» Public Package: Official Mirror – Note: Rename this file to update_data_public.zip
How to Update
Compatibility: This procedure will only work on devices already running a C636 based firmware and have their bootloader unlocked.
1. Download the update files provided above and rename the cust and public packages as mentioned above.
2. Create a new folder named “HWOTA” in the external microSD card of your phone and copy the zip files to it.
3. Download the Huawei Updater tool from here and extract the zip file on your PC. You’ll get a folder named HWOTA that contains the update.bat file.
4. Now, turn your phone off and then boot into fastboot mode by simultaneously holding Volume down and inserting the USB cable (that’s already connected to the PC on the other end).
5. On your PC, go to the extracted HWOTA folder and open the update.bat file as administrator (only works on Windows).
6. A command window will open up telling you to restart into Fastboot mode. You’ve already done that so press the Enter key. The tool will now replace your phone’s recovery.
7. When it finishes, it’ll tell you to enter into TWRP mode. Do that by disconnecting the USB cable, turning your phone off and then holding Volume up + Power keys for a few seconds. When you’re in TWRP mode, reconnect the USB cable and hit the Enter key twice.
8. When it asks you the update zip source, type 1 and press Enter.
9. Next, in update type selection, again type 1 and press Enter twice.
10. Your phone will now automatically start the update installation in a few seconds. You can disconnect the USB cable once the installation starts.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.