Huawei P9 (EVA-L09) has got a new Nougat based firmware update, version B388, in European countries via OTA. This update comes with July 1 security patch level from Google.
- Device: Huawei P9
- Model: EVA-L09
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B399
- Build Number: EVA-L09C432B388
- Security Patch Level: July 1, 2017
- Build Date: Wed Jun 21 10:21:15 CST 2017
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware OTA (MF)
- Release Date: 24.06.2017
- File Name: update.zip
- Update.zip: Official Mirror | Size: 1.3 GB
- Cust Package: Official Mirror | Size: 647 MB
- Public Data Package: Official Mirror | Size: 378 MB
How to Update
You can attempt to install this update using a custom recovery like TWRP. There’s a chance the installation might fail as this is marked as a beta and is only intended for select handsets. Anyway, here’s the procedure.
- Download the 3 zip files provided above and transfer them your phone’s SD card or internal memory.
- Turn your phone off.
- Reboot into TWRP mode by holding Vol up + Power keys simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Go to Install, locate the update.zip package and confirm its installation.
- After that, install the cust and public data package in the same way. Remember to wipe the dalvik cache upon completion.
- Return to the main screen and reboot into the new system.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.