Amazon has officially lifted the covers off its first-ever smartphone dubbed Amazon Fire Phone. This smartphone comes with a brand new Dynamic Perspective sensor system, 720p HD display, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip and 13 MegaPixel main camera. It runs Android-based Fire OS 3.5 and comes with Amazon’s exclusive Mayday customer support right out of the box.
Amazon Fire Phone Specs Sheet
- Display: 4.7-inch capacitive touchscreen, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, Pixel Density: 315 ppi, Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Operating System: Fire OS 3.5.0 (based on Android)
- Camera: 13 MegaPixel rear camera with OIS, HDR, AutoFocus and Flash, 2.1MP front camera. Records 1080p videos at 30fps
- Dimensions: 139.2mm x 66.5mm x 8.9mm, weighs 160 grams
- Battery: 2400 mAh battery that delivers up to 22 hours of talktime
- CPU: 2.2 GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC)
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Memory: 32GB/64GB Internal memory, 2GB of RAM, no microSD support + Unlimited Amazon Cloud Storage for Amazon content and photos
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, USB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPRS, EDGE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Extras: 3.5mm audio jack, MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player, MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV player, and other built-in games and apps.
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- 3G Band: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- Colours: Black
- Sensors: Dynamic Perspective sensor system with IR illumination, accelerometer, magnetometer, barometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
The new Dynamic Perspective technology is perhaps the key-ingredient of this phone. Using this feature, you can access and navigate through different shortcuts, menus and web pages by tilting your phone. Moreover, thanks to Dynamic Perspective, you can even change your character’s viewpoint in certain games just by swiveling your device.
Another new feature this phone offers is the new Firefly technology that gives you access to literally “anything” on the press of a single dedicated button. Firefly can easily recognize songs, over 240,000 movies, TV episodes and even live TV channels. It can create radio-stations on Firefly-supported apps, identify printed texts, make calls, save contacts, and visit websites by just pointing your camera towards the poster, magazine or a business card.
Amazon is also offering its exclusive Mayday customer support for Fire Phone users that will let you contact an Amazon expert in just 15 seconds. This support system will be live 24 x 7 – 365 days a year.
Still not satisfied? Well, here’s more: Amazon is giving away 1-Year Prime subscription with every Fire Phone, giving free access to Prime Music, Instant Video downloads and the Lending Library.
Price and Availability
Amazon Fire Phone is officially going to be released on July 25. Fire Phone 32GB is available for $199 on-contract (AT&T) and 64GB version for $299. You can buy the 32GB version off-contract for $649 and 64GB version for $749.
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.