Sony just pushed a new firmware update (version 4.60) for its PlayStation 3 gaming console. This update brings some minor bug-fixes, stability improvements and feature enhancements. You can apply this update either using the inbuilt internet update or manually via the direct download links given below.
To update automatically (which is always recommended), navigate through Settings → System Update → Update via Internet and then finally press X when a new update is found. After that, on-screen instructions will appear which will guide you through the rest of the update process.
Download Firmware v4.60
Here are the download links for firmware version 4.60 update for different regions. These links directly point towards Sony PlayStation’s servers – so you’re downloading a safe and fully tested file!
- Download Firmware 4.60 for PS3™ (US)
- Download Firmware 4.60 for PS3™ (Japan)
- Download Firmware 4.60 for PS3™ (Europe)
Manual Update Method
The manual update procedure for PS3 is simple as hell. After you’ve downloaded the aforementioned update package just follow these steps.
- Plug in your USB drive to you PC and create a new folder in the root drive named “PS3”.
- Within the “PS3” directory, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Copy the download PUP file to UPDATE directory.
- Now, in the PS3 console, navigate thorugh Settings → System Update → Update via Storage Media
- Select the update file and you’re good to go!
After the update has completed, you can check your current firmware version in Settings → System Settings → System Information → System Software. Well, that’s all for now!
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.