A minor new firmware update (version 1.72) has been made live for Sony PlayStation 4 gaming console in several regions including the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. This update can be automatically applied using your PS4’s inbuilt network update feature or manually via the direct PUP file download links given below.
To initiate the automatic network update, just enter the System Update settings in your PS4 system and then follow the installation instructions displayed on the screen. After the update has completed successfully you can confirm your current firmware version by navigating through Settings > System > System Information.
Download Firmware v1.72
Here are the download links to firmware version 1.72 for PlayStation 4 for different regions. These links point directly towards PlayStation’s servers.
- Download Firmware 1.72 for PS4™ (United States)
- Download Firmware 1.72 for PS4™ (Japan)
- Download Firmware 1.72 for PS4™ (Europe)
- Download Firmware 1.72 for PS4™ (New Zealand/Australia)
Manual Update Procedure
Once you’ve downloaded the correct v1.72 firmware update package, you can easily install it using this simple method:
- Plug your USB flash drive into your PC.
- Create a new folder “PS4” in your drive and then create a new directory named “UPDATE” in the PS4 folder.
- Now Copy the PS4UPDATE.PUP file to the “UPDATE” of your USB drive.
- Connect your USB to your PS4 system.
- In the functions screen, navigate through Settings > System Software Update
- Follow the instructions to finalize the installation.
Well, you’re now good to go!
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.