Amazon has officially pushed out a new firmware update (version 10.4.9) for its Kindle Fire 2nd Generation bringing a revamped native Email application and support for Amazon Prime Music. This update can either be installed using automatic update or manually through the download link and a simple procedure given below.
Firmware 10.4.9 Changelog
Firmware version 10.4.9 brings exactly the same feature updates as firmware 7.4.9 and firmware 10.4.9 like adding support for Amazon Prime Music and a completely overhauled native Email app which offers sleek and modernized user interface. After applying this update, make sure you reauthorize your account in Gmail application by deleting and then re-adding your account.
Firmware Version 10.4.9 Manual Installation
You can easily update your Kindle Fire 2nd generation tablet automatically using Wifi internet connection by going through Quick Settings > Sync. Alternatively, here’s a simple tutorial on updating your Kindle Fire to firmware 10.4.9 manually.
- An active internet connection
- A Fully charged Kindle Fire 2nd generation
- A USB cable
- First of all, download Firmware 10.4.9 for Kindle Fire 2nd generation here.
- Connect your Kindle Fire to your PC via a USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded firmware file to “Internal Storage” folder of the root drive of your Kindle Fire.
- Disconnect your tablet from the PC.
- Now, navigate to Quick Settings > More > Device > About > Update Your Kindle.
- Wait for your device to reboot and initiate the update process.
After the update is complete, your firmware version should be “10.4.9_user_4952220”. You can confirm this by going through Quick Settings > More > Device > About.
Disclaimer: Although, there’s not even the slightest chance of getting your device bricked in this process, we shall not be held responsible for any kind of data loss, whatsoever. You are always recommended to update your device using automatic update whenever possible.
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.