Amazon has officially started seeding out a new firmware update (version 8.4.9) for its Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ along with Kindle Fire HD 7″ and Kindle Fire 2nd-generations bringing several minor feature improvements and bug-fixes for native Kindle Fire apps.
Firmware Version 8.4.9 Changelog
Firmware Version 8.4.9 for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 basically comes with the same updates as Firmware 7.4.9 for Kindle Fire HD 7 which include support for Amazon Prime Music and revamped native Email app on Kindle Fire HD. After applying this update, you have to remove and readd your account in Gmail app for reauthorization.
Downloading & Installing Firmware 8.4.9 Manually
You can easily update your Kindle Fire HD 8.9 tablet wirelessly using Wifi internet connection by going through Quick Settings > Sync. However, here’s a simple tutorial on updating your Kindle Fire to firmware 8.4.9 manually.
- An active internet connection
- Fully charged Kindle Fire HD 8.9
- A USB cable
- First of all, download Firmware 8.4.9 for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 here.
- Connect your Kindle Fire to your PC via a USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded firmware file to “Internal Storage” folder of the root drive of your Kindle Fire.
- Disconnect your tablet from the PC.
- Now, navigate to Quick Settings > More > Device > About > Update Your Kindle.
- Wait for your device to reboot and initiate the update process.
After the update is complete, your firmware version should be “8.4.9_user_4952820”. You can confirm this by going through Quick Settings > More > Device > About.
Disclaimer: Although, there’s not even the slightest chance of getting your device bricked in this process, we shall not be held responsible for any kind of data loss, whatsoever.