Huawei has officially taken the wraps off its new ultra-thin Honor 6 flagship Android smartphone based on company’s very own HiSilicon Krin 920 octa-core chipset. Measuring at just 6.5 millimeters thick, it is fabricated around a hefty 5-inch 1080p display panel with super-slim side bezels.
Huawei Honor 6 Specs Sheet
- Display: 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, Pixel Density: ~441 ppi
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with Huawei Emotion UI 2.3
- Camera: 13 MegaPixel rear camera with AutoFocus and dual LED Flash, 5MP front camera, 1080p @30fps main video recorder with HDR
- Dimensions: 139.8 x 68.8 x 6.5 mm, weighs 135g
- Battery: N/A
- CPU: Octa-core HiSilicon Krin 920 SoC
- GPU: Mali-T624
- Memory: 16GB/32GB Internal memory, 3GB of RAM, upto 64GB external microSD support
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, USB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPRS, EDGE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio
- Extras: 3.5mm audio jack, MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player, MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV player, and other built-in games and apps.
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G-LTE
- 3G Frequency Band: HSDPA 900/2100 MHz
- Colors: Black and White
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity
Thanks to the octa-core HiSilicon Krin 920 chip, Huawei Honor 6 (or Huawei Glory 6) delivers LTE Cat.6 connectivity with bleeding edge download speeds of up to 300 Mbps. This chip has easily managed to outperform Snapdragon 805 chip in AnTuTu performance benchmark. On top of that, Huawei has managed to get around the phone heat up problem with special Aluminum alloy construction.
Price and Availability
Huawei Honor 6 has been priced at $360 (€265) in the US. It might go up for pre-orders in a week or two.
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.