Microsoft has just release a new update (KB2969339) for addressing the error 0x80073712, which occurred when users tried to install KB2919355 update on systems running Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows RT 8.1. This update patch can be downloaded using Windows Update or manually via the direct download links given below.
According to Microsoft, the above error was caused due to a version conflict between an update file of KB2919355 and a pre-existing Windows system file. This issue has now successfully been resolved and users are recommended to install this new update right away.
Before you install this update, just make sure that your computer is already running one of the following version of Windows:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows RT 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Download & Install KB2969339 Update
Here are the download links of new KB2969339 update for all versions of Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2:
- Download KB2969339 Update for all Windows 8.1 x64 versions.
- Download KB2969339 Update for all Windows 8.1 x86 versions.
- Download KB2969339 Update for all Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 versions.
Note: Windows RT 8.1 users will have to download and install this update using Windows Update.
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.Fix