Samsung has officially lifted the covers off its new Galaxy S5 LTE-Advanced variant in South Korea, bringing blazing fast download speeds of up to 225 Mbps alongside a higher-end Quad-HD display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset under the hood.
Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A Specifications Sheet
- Display: 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 2560 x 1440 pixels WQHD resolution, Pixel Density: ~576 ppi
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS
- Camera: 16 MegaPixel rear camera with AutoFocus and Flash, 2MP front camera.
- Dimensions: 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm, weighs 145 grams
- Battery: 2800 mAh
- CPU: 2.5 GHz quad-core Krait processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset)
- Memory: 32GB Internal memory, 3GB of RAM, upto 128GB microSD support
- Connectivity: Bluetooth with A2DP, USB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPRS, EDGE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Extras: 3.5mm audio jack, MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player, MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV player, and other built-in games and apps.
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE-A
- Colours: Glam Red, Charcoal Black, Shimmer White, Electric Blue, Copper Gold and Sweet Pink
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope etc.
Given the hardcore specs sheet of Galaxy S5 LTE-A, this is probably the phone which we all anticipated to be ‘Galaxy S5 Prime’. Galaxy S5’s LTE-Advanced feature allows it to gain connection speeds upto 255 Mbps – nearly three times more than current LTE speeds (75 Mbps) around the globe. Its Quad-HD display panel inside a 5.1 inches screen gives it a whopping pixel density of 576 ppi, that’s even higher than LG G3’s 538 ppi density. New Galaxy S5 owners, you guys have my deepest sympathy! ;-(
Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A is officially going to be priced at KRW 940,500 (equal to almost $920). It will initially be available at SK Telecom (SKT) with special Red color option.
Update June 19
Samsung has just confirmed that Galaxy S5 LTE-A will only be released in South Korea. Too bad, huh?
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.