Sprint variant of Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (SPH-L600) has also started receiving the new Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update (build L600VPUANE4). As always, this update is being rolled out over the air in stages, so it might take some time before it hits your device.
Android 4.4.2 L600VPUANE4 – Changelog
In addition to bringing, improved performance, stability and User Interface, this Android 4.4.2 firmware update comes with the following feature enhancements:
- Translucent status and navigation bars with simplified white icons.
- New Lock Screen with camera shortcut and new media controls.
- Choice of selection of default SMS app.
- Expanded Samsung Emojis.
- Added support for Wireless Printing.
- Amalgamated Location Settings.
- Stamped down Prevention Information pop-up message.
- Added Samsung Knox compatibility.
As mentioned earlier, this firmware update is being pushed out region by region, so you’ll have to wait for some time for this update to arrive. You can manually try to force-check updates in Menu > Settings > More > System Update.
After applying this update, your current firmware build should now be L600VPUANE4, which you can confirm by navigating through Menu > Settings > More > About Device. And oh yeah, always make sure that you have a fully charged battery before initiating the update process!
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.