Indian OEM manufacturer, XOLO, has preliminary released a beta version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for its Xolo Q700s smartphone, letting users have an early peek at the new features enhancements they get to see in the upcoming chocolaty update. In return, Xolo is asking the beta-testers to point out any bugs that need to be fixed before officially outing the final Android v4.4.2 build.
Download Android 4.4.2 Firmware Beta File
Click here (384MB) to download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS Beta (version S004) file for XOLO Q700s.
Disclaimer: As the title suggests, this is a beta version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware, meaning that it’ll contain bugs that can interfere with your normal smartphone usage. Therefore, it is not recommended that you install it on your primary device. I’ll not be held liable if this firmware renders your device unusable in any way. Continue at your risk!
How to Install Android v4.4.2 Firmware on Q700s
Manually installing the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware beta on Xolo Q700s is quite easy. If you’re used to flashing Xolo OTA packages using the Xolo Care app, then this one should also be a piece of cake. Just follow these steps.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable as a mass storage device.
- Copy the downloaded ‘Update. zip’ file to the phone’s memory.
- Disconnect the USB cable once it gets completed.
- In your phone, launch the official Xolo care app.
- Navigate to Update > Check for Software Update and tap ‘Check for Updates’ button.
- An update dialog will appear, tap ‘Continue’ to initiate the upgrade process.
And you’re good to go! Easy, wasn’t it?
Xolo has brought a slew of bug-fixes and feature upgrade in this beta of Android v4.4.2. Here’s the official changelog for this build (S004).
- Album art is now displayed in the Lockscreen alongside the music controls
- Update for Google Hangouts; it can now display SMS & MMS too
- Added support for Google Drive
- New Emojis for Google keyboard
- New option to easily switch between different homescreens
- Overhauled native Email app
- New Location modes for increased battery conservation
- Redesigned Download app with list/grid view
- Remote phone wipe-out in Android Device Manager
- Application sandboxes improved with SELinux
- Added support for KitKat screen recording utility
- New Camera features with latest Android KitKat goodies
Was this post helpful? Say thanks by giving us a +1 on Google+ and following us on Twitter.