Amazon has officially outed a new firmware update (version 5.4.5) for its Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation e-book reader, bringing a good deal of handy features, performance enhancements and bug-fixes that were overlooked in earlier software versions of Kindle Paperwhite.
One of the coolest features of this firmware is “recent-page-synchronization” that automatically updates every book on all the Kindle devices registered on the same account to the most recent page a person has read. Moreover, you’ll be now able to download a sample copy of all physical books that have been ordered through Amazon in your Kindle Paperwhite’s Cloud tab. The pan-and-zoom mode in PDF documents now shows a small preview window on one side of the screen.
Download & Install Firmware v5.4.5 for Kindle Paperwhite 2nd-Gen
Click here (Size: ~177MB) to download software update version 5.4.5 BIN file for your Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation on your PC.
How to Install
- Download the aforementioned Zip package and extract its contents.
- Connect your Kindle Paperwhite to PC via a USB cable.
- Copy the extracted files to the root directory of your Kindle drive.
- Upon completion, disconnect the USB cable and navigate to Menu > Settings > Menu > Update your Kindle
- If you’ve done everything as mentioned, an update notification should pop up.
- Tap “OK” button to initiate the upgrade process. It will reboot automatically after a few minutes.
That’s all! You can verify current software version in Settings > Menu > Device Info. Your current firmware version should be “Kindle 5.4.5”.
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.