Asus has finally pushed out the Android 4.4 KitKat firmware update (version 184.108.40.206) for its Transformer Pad (TF701T) for the US and WW SKUs (stock keeping units) only. Since the update won’t be available via OTA, you will have to manually download the update package for both SKUs via the direct download links given below.
- Device: Transformer Pad
- Model: TF701T
- Android Version: v4.4 KitKat
- Firmware Version: v220.127.116.11
- SKU: US/WW
- Availability: Manual Download
- Click here (940MB) to download v18.104.22.168 firmware for Asus Transformer Pad (TF701T) with US SKU
- Click here (941MB) to download v22.214.171.124 firmware for Asus Transformer Pad (TF701T) with WW SKU
Note: Double-check your tablet’s SKU before applying new firmware updates otherwise it can seriously brick your device. It can be verified in Settings > About Tablet > Build Number [WW_Tablet-126.96.36.199] – where WW is the SKU of your Transformer Pad.
How to Upgrade
- Download the zipped firmware package with correct SKU on your PC and extract its contents.
- Connect your Transformer Pad to the PC via a USB cable.
- Copy the extracted files to the root drive of your tablet.
- Next, disconnect the USB cable and wait for the tablet to automatically detect the new update.
- Once the notification shows up, tap “Ok” to initiate the upgrade.
- It’ll take a few minutes before your tablet reboots automatically to finalize the update.
And you’re done. That was damn easy, right? Do share your experience with the new update!
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.