Keeping its tradition of kicking off every OS update with its home country, Huawei recently outed a new firmware update (version 4.7.16) for all the variants of its Honor 3C smartphone (H30-T00, H30-U10 & H30-T10) to developers in China which, apart from offering the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS and EMUI, also brings a couple of minor UI and feature optimizations like better Wifi/cellular signal display, overhauled notification bar, as well as other enhancements for native Huawei apps.
In this article, I’ve put together a brief step-by-step tutorial on how to flash the latest v4.7.16 firmware on your Honor 3C/Glory 3C (all variants). All you need is a USB cable, a PC and the required firmware package and you’ll be done with the upgrade in no time, believe me!
Download v4.7.16 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware
To download v4.7.16 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware for your Huawei Honor 3C/Glory 3C, please refer to our earlier post: Download Android 4.4.2 (v4.7.16) Firmware for Honor 3C (H30-U10/H30-T00/H30-T10) – Direct Links (link opens in a new tab). Make sure you’ve verified your phone’s model number in Settings > About Phone.
1. This firmware (v4.7.16) is a developer build which isn’t intended to be installed by normal users as it can contain bugs/lags and you’ll frequently encounter random reboots after installing this firmware.
2. In order to upgrade to v4.7.16 firmware, your device should already be running B611 or v4.7.1 firmware onboard.
3. Manually installing a firmware on a Huawei phone will wipe out entire internal memory including app data, contacts, messages, accounts and other important stuff. Therefore, you’re strongly recommended to store a complete backup of your phone using the inbuilt Huawei’s backup utility first.
4. You’re recommended to unlock your phone’s bootloader first in order to avoid soft-bricks. Here’s how you do it: [Guide] How to Unlock Honor 3C (H30-U10) Bootloader Using SP Flash Tool
Install v4.7.16 on Honor 3C/Glory 3C (H30-T00/H30-U10/H30-T10)
- The “Update.app” file for firmware v4.7.16
- A USB cable and a PC with latest drivers installed
- At least 30% battery
- 1GB of external SD card formatted in FAT32 file system
- Full backup of your phone’s internal memory
Disclaimer: Even though, this firmware has been properly tested to work on Huawei Honor 3C, I shall not be held responsible if you get your device bricked/inoperable at any point during the upgrade process. Proceed at your own risk!
2. Installation Procedure
- Connect your device to a computer through a USB cable.
- Create a new folder named “dload” in the root directory of microSD card.
- Next, extract the downloaded zip file and copy its contents to the “dload” folder.
- Disconnect the USB cable and turn off your device.
- Reboot into Recovery Mode by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power button simultaneously.
- The upgrade process will initiate automatically in a few seconds. Wait for 3-5 minutes until it gets completed.
- Upon completion, reboot in normal mode and restore all the data you backed up earlier.
Though not usually recommended you can alternatively apply the update by navigating to Settings > Updates > System Updates > Local Update and then tapping the “Confirm” button to initiate the upgrade. It’ll take about five minutes to finish.
That’s all! Don’t forget to share your experience with the new update. In case you encounter any problem regarding the upgrade, feel free to comment about it below.
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.