Just as promised, Jolla has officially gone live with the 8th software update, Tahkalampi (version 184.108.40.206), for its Sailfish operating system, bringing numerous bug-fixes and feature updates for native apps including the Jolla Store, Mail, Media Player, Messages, as well as some kernel vulnerability patches.
If you’re phone is connected to the internet, then it should be receiving the update notification right away. You can manually force-check updates in Settings > System > Sailfish OS Updates > Check for Update. Then tap the notification to initiate the upgrade process which can take up to 10 minutes. The complete package weighs around 440MB. Here’s the complete changelog for this update.
Tahkalampi v220.127.116.11 Changelog
- Support for adding webpage shortcuts in the App Launcher
- Added ability to switch between apps using their respective active corners (experimental feature)
- Browser now supports multiple-file uploads with option to filter them by type during selection
- Jolla Store search offers word auto-completion
- Media Player now supports search for Artists
- Users can now set different sync schedules for each mail account. You can also specify sender name & Email signature per mail account
- Added stroke input method for writing in Chinese language
- You’ll now be able to set and end-date while creating & modifying events recurring in calendar
Other Feature Enhancements
- Updated version of the connectivity stack
- Newer tutorial app with overhauled Startup Wizard
- Security patches for these kernel vulnerabilities: CVE-2014-3122, CVE-2014-0196 and CVE-2014-2851
- Top Categories view in Jolla Store’s landing page. You’ll now be able to view the size of OS updates without downloading them
- All the applications in ‘My Apps’ are now arranged in alphabetical order
- Settings now also display user’s current account status whether it is disabled or logged-out. It’ll automatically check for missing profiles before synchronization
- Better call-duration logging. Third incoming call (the waiting call) is now handled more intelligently as compared to previous updates
- Default protocol of Active Sync bumped from version 12.0 to 14.0
- Phone’s name in Spotify devices list has been fixed and renamed as “Jolla”
- Other changes include: legible font-sizes in messages with increased opacity, revamped sharing options, improved detection of Bluetooth devices, updates for native Jolla apps, as well as several other patches for glitches in GPS, Keyboard, etc.
You can take a look at the complete list bug-fixes brought by v18.104.22.168 (Tahkalampi) update here.
Don’t forget to comment about your experience with this update! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.