LG has officially gone live with a mid-range version of its G3 flagship smartphone, dubbed LG G3 Beat. It’s literally a stripped-down G3 which packs a 5-inch 720p display panel, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset, 1GB of RAM and runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system right out of the box.
LG G3 Beat Specs Sheet
- Display: 5.0-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, Pixel Density: ~294 ppi
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Camera: 8 MegaPixel rear camera with autofocus and LED Flash that records 1080p@30fps videos with HDR, 1.3MP front camera
- Dimensions: 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3 mm, weighs 134 grams
- Battery: 2540 mAh Li-Ion battery
- CPU: 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC)
- GPU: Adreno 305
- Memory: 8GB Internal memory, 1GB of RAM, with 64GB external microSD support
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, microUSB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPRS, EDGE, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- Extras: 3.5mm audio jack, MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player, MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV player, and other built-in games and apps.
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G
- 4G Band: LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600 MHz
- Colors: Black, Gold, White
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
LG G3 Beat touts a huge 5 inches screen with extremely thin bezels, resulting in a screen-to-body ratio of 74.1% which LG claims is the highest for any smartphone that falls in mid-range category. Other LG-exclusive goodies include a new redesigned camera that lets you focus images faster using an inbuilt laser for calculating distances. You can now shoot stills by touching anywhere on the screen or initiate an automatic 3-second countdown just by clenching your fist in front of the screen.
“Smartphone manufacturers cannot ignore this growing segment of consumers who want the best balance of looks, features, performance and, of course, price. The LG G3 Beat represents our commitment to the mid-tier smartphone market that demands mature technology, proven branding, great innovation and attractive price, all in a single device.”
-Dr. Jong-seok Park, CEO & President, LGE
Price and Availability
LG G3 Beat will be launched in South Korean market on July 18 (tomorrow) for an unspecified price tag. In the coming weeks, it’ll also be released in European and Commonwealth (CIS) countries. Pricing details will be disclosed at the time of launch in South Korea. We’ll update you as soon as we get some more info.
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.