Samsung has quietly unveiled the mini version of its current flagship smartphone, titled Galaxy S5 Mini (SM-G800F/SM-G800H). It packs a stripped-down 4.5-inch Super AMOLED 720p display panel, a quad-core processor, as well as all the Galaxy S5-exclusive sensors and health tracking features out of the box.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Specs Sheet
- Display: 4.5-inch Super AMOLED LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, Pixel Density: ~326 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS
- Camera: 8 MegaPixel rear camera with AF and LED Flash, 2.1MP front camera, 1080p@30fps video recorders
- Dimensions: 131.1 x 64.8 x 9.1 mm, weighs 120g
- Battery: 2100 mAh Li-Ion battery
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Cortex-A7 quad-core processor
- Memory: 16GB Internal memory, 1.5GB of RAM, upto 64GB external microSD support
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, USB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPRS, EDGE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, TBD Radio with Optional Dual-SIM Support
- Extras: 3.5mm audio jack, MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player, MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV player, and other built-in games and apps.
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G
- 3G Band: HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- Colors: White, Black, Electric Blue and Copper Gold
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, fingerprint sensor, heart-rate monitor, compass
Akin to the original Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Mini also comes with heart-rate monitor and a fingerprint reader fixed inside the hardware home key for making secure PayPal payments and locking your phone. It is IP67 water-and-dust-resistance-certified which means it can survive underwater upto a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes and interestingly enough, its microUSB port isn’t even guarded by a flap!
Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is going to be released globally, starting out with Russia this month. Its pricing details are yet to be announced.
New reports suggest that Samsung might out the Galaxy S5 mini for a price tag of $650 (€479). It does seem a bit pricey and Samsung might drop it a little bit when it hits the market earlier this month. Stay tuned as we get hold of some more info!
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.