Sony has officially gone live with the ‘world’s best’ selfie-centric Android smartphone, dubbed Xperia C3 (D2533/D2502). This phone features a 5 MegaPixel wide-angle selfie shooter, 5.5-inch IPS HD display panel powered by BRAVIA Engine 2, a quad-core Cortex-A7 chip and 1GB of RAM. It is set for initial launch in China next month.
Sony Xperia C3 Specs Sheet
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS LCD Triluminos display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, Pixel Density: ~267 ppi, BRAVIA Engine 2 (mobile)
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Camera: 8 MegaPixel rear camera with autofocus and LED Flash that records 1080p videos with HDR, 5MP front camera with soft LED and Superior Auto mode
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 78.7 x 7.6 mm, weighs 150 grams
- Battery: 2500mAh Li-Ion battery that delivers 25 hours of talktime on 3G
- CPU: 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 quad-core (Qualcomm MSM8926 Snapdragon 400 SoC)
- GPU: Adreno 305
- Memory: 8GB Internal memory, 1GB of RAM, with 32GB external microSD support
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, USB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPRS, EDGE, GPS, A-GPS, optional dual-SIM Support
- Extras: 3.5mm audio jack, MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player, MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV player, and other built-in games and apps.
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Colors: Black, Mint, White
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
Rather than just focusing on the camera department, Sony appears to have put in it quite a bit of effort in making the Xperia C3 an all-rounder smartphone – fueling it up with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and the highest-end hardware possible while still keeping the price tag within limits (although it hasn’t been disclosed yet).
Sony Xperia C3 comes with 4G connectivity with support for LTE Cat4. network capabilities. Sony is also offering a dual-SIM version of Xperia C3 (D2502) with dual standby which will also be able handle duo calls simultaneously.
Price and Availability
As mentioned earlier, Sony hasn’t revealed any info on the pricing details of Xperia C3 yet. It is initially going to be launched in China, with rest of the countries following soon. We’ll update you as soon as we get hold of some more details regarding this.