You guys can now upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) to the latest v7.1 C-RoM custom ROM based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS. Apart from bringing performance enhancements, bug-fixes and stability improvements, C-RoM v7.1 offers a slew of new features including revamped System interface layout, floating windows & new animation controls, dual-panel support, new ad-blocker, Dialpad padding, etc.
Sounds attractive, doesn’t it? Just follow our brief step-by-step tutorial given below and the entire upgrade process will be a breeze. Make sure you’ve carefully read the update prerequisites first so you don’t end screwing up your phone.
Download v7.1 KitKat C-RoM Custom ROM
- Model: GT-I9505
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
- Android Version: v4.4.4 KitKat
- ROM Version: v7.1
- Kernel: 3.0.x
- Date: 2014-06-22
Download Links: Click here (Size: 206MB) to download version 7.1 C-RoM Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9505). You can download the recommended C-RoM KitKat Google apps (Gapps) here.
Install v7.1 C-RoM on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
- A USB cable with latest Samsung USB drivers installed on PC
- Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) and root access on phone
- At least 60% battery left
- Complete backup of your phone’s current apps, settings, messages, contacts etc. You are recommended to create a Nandroid backup using ClockworkMod recovery as it builds a full image of current system.
Note: Since this process involves flashing a new ROM over existing OS, all the data stored in phone’s internal memory will entirely be wiped out and its settings will be resetted to factory defaults. That’s why you should create a backup using Nandroid or Samsung KIES utility first.
Disclaimer: Although this ROM has been fully tested on Galaxy S4 LTE, neither we nor the developers will be held responsible if your device gets bricked/malfunctioned at any point during or after the ROM upgrade.
2. Installation Procedure
- Download the aforementioned “C-RoM-KK-v7.1-20140622-jflte.zip” and “pa_gapps-stock-4.4.4-20140629-signed.zip” files.
- Connect your GS4 LTE to your PC as a mass storage device.
- Copy “C-RoM-KK-v7.1-20140622-jflte.zip” and Gapps.zip to the root directory of your phone’s microSD card.
- Next, disconnect the USB cable and turn off the phone.
- Reboot into the custom recovery by holding Home + Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously. Now you’ll navigate using volume keys and select an option by pressing the Power button.
- In the CWM recovery, select “wipe data/ factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” options to entirely clean up the internal memory.
- After that, go to advanced > wipe dalvik cache to clear the data stored for pre-existing apps. This will prevent the awful boot loops from happening after flashing the new ROM.
- Now, select “install zip from SD card” option and choose “C-RoM-KK-v7.1-20140622-jflte.zip” file. This will initiate the upgrade process; wait for a few minutes until it gets completed.
- Repeat the same step as above, and this time choose “pa_gapps-stock-4.4.4-20140629-signed.zip” file to re-flash the appropriate Google apps (Gapps). It’ll also take a few seconds.
- Upon completion, reboot your phone in normal mode and enjoy the new ROM!
I hope I’ve made every point clear in this tutorial, but if you still encounter any problem, feel free to discuss it by commenting about it below!
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.