Want to give your good ol’ Galaxy S3 a little extra performance boost fused with stability, good looks, extreme customizability and above all – the latest version of Android? If so, then look no further! Here’s a brief guide on upgrading your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) to the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat Dirty Unicorns custom ROM.
Dirty Unicorns custom ROM was originally grounded on the Android Open Kang Project, but is now primarily based on OmniROM. This custom KitKat ROM adds a slew of new appealing features including smoother system animations, mods for build.prop, support for new gestures, extra tweaks & customizability options for Power Menu, Settings, Lockscreen shortcuts, Status/Nav bars and much more… So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and download it now.
Download Android 4.4.3 KitKat Dirty Unicorns ROM
Click here to download Dirty Unicorns Android 4.4.3 KitKat ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T variant (SGH-I747). All the necessary Google Apps (Gapps) can be downloaded here – you’ll need to flash them again after installing this ROM.
Android 4.4.3 Dirty Unicorns ROM Installation Method
1. Upgrade Requirements
- AT&T variant of Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) and a USB cable
- Latest Samsung USB drivers installed on PC
- At least 70% left in your phone
- Custom Recovery (like TWRP, CWM, etc.) and root access on your phone
- A complete backup of apps, settings, contacts, messages and other important data stored in the phone and SD card
Disclaimer: Even though the following procedure has been fully tested on AT&T GS3, we’ll not be held responsible if your device gets bricked or malfunctioned. Make sure you’ve backed up everything. Proceed at your own risk!
In this method, I’ll be using CWM recovery to flash this custom ROM. If you’re already used to flashing new firmwares on Samsung phones using recovery modes then this one should also be a piece of cake. Just follow this step-by-step procedure.
- Connect your phone to PC via a USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded ROM package and GAPPS to the root drive of your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the USB connection and power it off.
- Next, reboot into Recovery Mode by holding Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons simultaneously.
- In the Recovery Mode, navigate using the Volume keys and select an option by Power button.
- Now clear the cache partition and wipe out all the data.
- After that select ‘Install Zip from SD Card” to initiate the update process.
- Upon completion, flash the required GAPPS by repeating the steps 1 through 7.
And, that’s all. Congratulations, believe it or not, you’ve just flashed Dirty Unicorns on your Galaxy S3! If you encounter any problem with this procedure, feel free to comment about it below.
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.