Alongside the 2nd-Gen Kindle Fire HD, Amazon has also seeded out new firmware updates for its Kindle Fire HDX (version 184.108.40.206) and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″ (version 220.127.116.11) devices. Its changelog includes the usual “performance enhancements and stability improvements” aimed to improve overall user experience. You can download the BIN file for this update via the direct download links given below.
Download Firmware Version 3.2.5
- Click here (Size: 801 MB) to download firmware v18.104.22.168 for Amazon Kindle Fire HDX
- Click here (Size: 801 MB) to download firmware v22.214.171.124 for Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″
How to Install
- Download the appropriate firmware package on your PC through the above links.
- Connect your Kindle tablet to the computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the BIN file you downloaded in step 1 and copy it to the root directory of Kindle’s internal memory. It is recommended that you use Android File Transfer to copy the files.
- Once it gets completed, disconnect the USB cable.
- Navigate to Quick Settings → Settings → Device → System Updates and tap the “Update” button.
- It’ll take a few minutes before the device get fully updated.
Current OS version can be verified in Quick Settings → Settings → Device → System Updates. You should now see “126.96.36.199_user_325001120” (or “188.8.131.52_user_325001120” in case of Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″). Enjoy the new update!
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.