Nearly a month ago, Xolo outed a beta version of its long-promised Android 4.4.2 KitKat and asked users to find & report bugs in that build. Well, the good news is that the firmware has now come out of the beta phase and does seem quite ready for prime time. It is being rolled out in India right via OTA and you should be receiving pretty soon. I’ve also given the direct download links and a step-by-step tutorial for this update below.
Akin to typical KitKat OS updates, this firmware also brings overhauled notification bar, improved stability & performance, new immersive mode, lockscreen music album art & music controls, expanded Emojis, automatic cloud integration, support for SMS/MMS in Hangout app, easier homescreen switching, new Camera features (Panorama + multi view, burst mode, live photo mode). It also comes with enhanced security for application sandboxes.
Download Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware
Click here (link opens in a new tab) to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for your XOLO Q700s smartphone.
How to Flash Manually
- Download the “Update.zip” file on your PC using the aforementioned link.
- Connect your Q700S to the PC via a USB cable and enable mass storage mode.
- Copy the “Update.zip” file to the root directory of your phone’s internal memory i.e. it shouldn’t be placed inside any folder.
- Next, disconnect the USB cable and open the Xolo Care app.
- Click the “Check for updates” button in Update » Check for Software Update.
- An update dialog should appear at this point. Tap “Continue” to proceed with the update.
- The phone will reboot automatically and install the firmware. Wait for a few minutes until it gets completed.
And that should be it! If you encounter any problem, feel free to comment about it below.
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.