Huawei has released yet another firmware update, titled B512 (build name P6-U06V100R001C00B512) for its Ascend P6 smartphone in several European countries. Although no changelog has been provided with the update, it is apparently meant to fix GPS and Wifi related issues. You can download this firmware manually via the direct download links given below.
Do keep in mind that this firmware update only applies to those Ascend P6 users who are already running B510, B511 or the unofficial B513 firmwares on their phone. Here’re the complete details of this firmware.
- Device: Ascend P6
- Android Version: v4.4.2 KitKat
- Emotion UI: v2.3
- Firmware Build: P6-U06V100R001C00B512
- Kernel Version: 3.0.8
- Region: Europe
- Availability: OTA + Manual Download
How to Upgrade
- Create a full backup phone’s existing content because it’ll be wiped out during the upgrade. You’re recommended to use your phone’s inbuilt backup utility.
- Download “P6-U06V100R001C00B512.zip” firmware package on your PC using the aforementioned links.
- Connect your Ascend P6 phone to the PC via a USB cable and enable mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder in your phone’s SD card under the name “dload”.
- Extract the archive you downloaded earlier and copy its contents (the Update.app file) to the newly-created “dload” folder.
- Next, disconnect the USB cable, wake up the phone from standby and navigate to Settings » System Update » Local Update.
- Wait for a few minutes for update to complete.
Share your experience with this update in the comments below!
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.