Amazon has outed yet another firmware update (v188.8.131.52) for its 2nd-Gen Kindle Fire HD tablet, meant to bring a couple of bug-fixes and enhancements for system performance and overall stability. In this article, I’ve put together a brief step-by-step tutorial along with the necessary download links required for the firmware update.
Download Firmware 184.108.40.206 BIN File
Click here (Size: 706 MB) to download v220.127.116.11 firmware update BIN file for your Amazon Kindle Fire HD 2nd Generation.
How to Update
- Download “update-kindle-18.104.22.168_user_325001620.bin” file on your PC file using the aforementioned link.
- Connect your Kindle Fire HD 2nd-Gen to the PC via a USB cable.
- Copy the BIN file to the root directory of Kindle’s internal storage. [Note: XP users need to have Media Player 11 installed on their PC first – why don’t you guys upgrade to a newer OS?]
- Next, disconnect the USB cable and navigate to Quick Settings > Settings > Device > System Updates > Update.
- A pop-up message “Installing system update” should appear on the screen.
- Wait for the upgrade process to finish and experience the new OS.
Next up, it is Kindle Fire HDX and Fire HDX 8.9″
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.