Amazon has officially outed a new firmware update (version 18.104.22.168) for its Kindle Paperwhite 2nd-Generation, apparently aimed at adding a few bug-fixes and stability improvements to the last month’s firmware 5.4.5 update (no changelog has been provided with it yet). You can download its BIN file using the download links given below. I’ve also put together a concise step-by-step tutorial on how to install this firmware on your Kindle Paperwhite manually.
Download Firmware 22.214.171.124 BIN File
Click here (Size: 177 MB) to download firmware update v126.96.36.199 Bin file for your Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2nd-Generation.
How to Install
- Download “update_kindle_188.8.131.52.bin” on your computer using the aforementioned link and extract its contents.
- Connect your Kindle Paperwhite to the PC via a USB cable.
- Copy the files you extracted in step 1 to the root directory of your Kindle i.e. it shouldn’t be placed inside any folder.
- Next, disconnect the USB cable and navigate to Menu → Settings → Menu → Update your Kindle.
- An update notification should pop up on the screen, tap “OK”.
- It’ll take a few minutes for the upgrade to complete.
Upon completion, you can verify your Kindle’s current firmware version in Settings » Menu » Device Info [It should now be “Kindle 184.108.40.206”].
Don’t forget to share your experience with the update!
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.