Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700KL) has just received a new firmware update (version 22.214.171.124) aimed to provide a fix for Heartbleed OpenSSL security issue (CVE-2014-0160) that, if left unpatched, can allow hackers to gain unauthorized control over system through MITM attacks. You can download this update for your tablet using the direct download links given below.
- Model: TF700KL
- Device: Transformer Pad Infinity
- Android Version: v4.1.x Jelly Bean
- Firmware: v126.96.36.199
- SKU: WW
- Date: 28-08-2014
- Availability: Manual Download
- Size: ~480 MB
Download Link: Click here to download v188.8.131.52 firmware update for your ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700KL)
How to Update
- Check the SKU (stock keeping unit) of your tablet indicated in Settings > About Tablet > Build Number [XX_epad-x.x.x.xx_2000]. For example, if the device’s build number is “WW_epad-184.108.40.206” then the SKU is WW.
- It is recommended that you save a backup of all the important data stored in tablet’s internal memory first.
- Now, download the firmware package “WW_TF700KL_ALL_USER_V5_0_4_17.zip” on your PC using the aforementioned link.
- Connect your tablet to the computer via USB cable in mass storage mode.
- Copy “WW_TF700KL_ALL_USER_V5_0_4_17.zip” to the root directory of Pad’s internal memory.
- Once an update notification pops up, tap “Ok” to start the upgrade process. It’ll take a few minutes to finish.
That should be it. If you encounter any problem during the update feel free to comment about it below!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.