Alongside the PadFone Infinity A80, Asus has also pushed out Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update (version v22.214.171.124) for the Fonepad Note 6 (ME560CG) FHD phablet, bringing enhanced system performance, latest ZenUI, improved Modem stability, as well as a slew of feature updates and modifications for native Asus apps.
Specifically speaking, this update will bump off APP Backup, MyLibrary, Parental Lock, MyBit Cast, AO Link and Device Tracker apps apparently due to the lack of support by KitKat OS. It will, however, give you access to a bunch of new apps like MyASUS, Omlet Chat, Zen Links and Boost, What’s Next, PlayTo, Quick Memo, etc. You can download this firmware package manually using the direct download links given below.
- Model: ME560CG
- Device: Fonepad Note 6
- Android Version: v4.4.2 KitKat
- Firmware Build: v126.96.36.199
- SKU: JP, WW, TW
- Date: 11-08-2014
- Availability: OTA + Manual Download
- Click here (Size: 1154.57 MB) to download v188.8.131.52 OS update for Fonepad Note 6 with JP SKU
- Click here (Size: 1152.04 MB) to download v184.108.40.206 OS update for Fonepad Note 6 with WW SKU
- Click here (Size: 1155.85 MB) to download v220.127.116.11 OS update for Fonepad Note 6 with TW SKU
How to Flash
- Create a backup of data stored in phone’s internal memory using ASUS PC Tool.
- Check the SKU version of your phone in Settings > About Phone > Build number [XX_fonepad-18.104.22.168] – XX is the SKU. Verify it twice and then download the right firmware package using the aforementioned links.
- Connect your fonepad to the PC using a USB cable and enable mass storage mode.
- Extract the downloaded archive and copy its files to the root directory of your phone’s SD card i.e. it shouldn’t be inside a folder.
- Disconnect the cable and wait for “System Update File Detected” notification.
- Once it pops up, tap “OK” to initiate the update. It can take up to 10 minutes to complete.
Enjoy the new update!
Like this post? Stay tuned for more updates! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.