Asus has finally announced the availability of Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS update (firmware version 220.127.116.11) for its PadFone Infinity (A80) smartphone around the world. This update is available for SH, RU, WW and HK stock keeping units (SKUs) both via OTA and manual download links. In this article, you’ll find all the official download links along with a brief tutorial for manual installation.
Apart from offering the latest KitKat goodies, this update removes some pre-installed Asus apps like My Library, My Bit cast, Buddybuzz, Car Home, Pinpal, Quick Tool, Floating App, Device tracker, System bar lock, Mode manager, Birthday Reminder, ASUS Echo, AOLink, App Backup and ASUS Sync.
Some of the apps which have been renamed or modified include: ASUS Studio (renamed as Gallery), ASUS To-Do (renamed Do It Later), Blacklist (moved to Contacts) and App Locker (now moved to Launcher).
Firmware v18.104.22.168 Details
- Model: A80
- Device: PadFone Infinity
- Android Version: v4.4.2 KitKat
- Build: v22.214.171.124
- SKU: SH/RU/WW/HK
- Date: 11-08-2014W
- Availability: FOTA + Manual Download
- SH SKU: Click here (Size: 1009 MB) to download v126.96.36.199 for STARHUB PadFone Infinity (A80)
- RU SKU: Click here (Size: 1009 MB) to download v188.8.131.52 for RU PadFone Infinity (A80)
- WW SKU: Click here (Size: 1009 MB) to download v184.108.40.206 for WW PadFone Infinity (A80)
- HK SKU: Click here (Size: 1009 MB) to download v220.127.116.11 for HK PadFone Infinity (A80)
How to Install
- To avoid losing important data, create a full backup of your phone using Asus PC Tool.
- Check your phone’s SKU in Settings → About PadFone → Build Number [AA_PadFone-18.104.22.168], where AA is the SKU of your phone. Then download the appropriate firmware package on your PC.
- Connect your PadFone to the PC via a USB cable as a mass storage device.
- Extract the package you downloaded earlier and copy its contents to Computer » PadFone Infinity » Internal Storage.
- Disconnect the USB cable and wait for an update notification to appear.
- Next, tap the “System Update File Detected” notification and then tap “OK” to initiate the update.
- It’ll take about 10 minutes to complete.
That’s all folks! I’d love to hear from you about the new update.
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.