Despite having hardcore specs, one of the biggest drawbacks of Huawei’s Honor 3X G750 and Honor 3X Pro was the lack of latest KitKat OS and Emotion UI – but that was until now. Using the firmware v4.8.16 (developer version – it’s in beta phase right now) that Huawei has outed for devs in China you guys can upgrade your Honor 3X/Glory 3X G750 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with Emotion UI 2.3 provided that you’ve got the right variant with the right firmware that’s required for KitKat update.
Download v4.8.16 Android 4.4.2 Firmware
- Device: Honor 3X
- Model: G750-T00
- Firmware Build: v4.8.16
- Android Version: v4.4.2 KitKat
- EMUI: 2.3
- Country: China
- Date: 16 Aug, 2014
- Size: 1007.64 MB
- MD5 Sum: 1FB76044AE171630A0D15A7106A7399A
Download Link: Click here to download firmware 4.8.16 KitKat firmware for your Huawei Honor 3X (G750-T00).
Warning: You have to have either B611 or v4.8.1 already installed on your phone, otherwise you’ll end up with a bricked device. Moreover, you have create a full backup of your device to avoid loss of phone’s data that gets erased during installation.
You proceed with the installation at your own risk!
How to Install
- Download the firmware package on your PC using the aforementioned link.
- Connect your Honor 3X to the PC using a USB cable in mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder name “dload” in the microSD card.
- Copy the firmware package you downloaded earlier to dload.
- Disconnect the USB cable and turn off your phone (make sure it vibrates before you proceed to the next step).
- Reboot into Recovery Mode by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power button for 5-6 seconds.
- Your phone will automatically search for the update package and flash it. Wait for a few minutes until it gets completed.
- Reboot the device and experience the new OS!
This firmware already contains Gapps (Google apps) so you don’t have to worry about flashing them again. In case you encounter any problem, feel free to mention it in the comments section below!