Those unlucky users who happen to own a JellyBean-powered Honor 3X Pro (G750-T20) will certainly be glad to hear that they can now upgrade their smartphone to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat and Emotion UI version 2.3 using the beta firmware that Huawei has outed in China to developers and beta-testers. It surely contains bugs but it’ll be worth it – believe me!
Download v4.8.16 KitKat Firmware for Honor 3X Pro
- Model: G750-T20
- Device: Honor 3X Pro
- Android: v4.4.2 KitKat
- Firmware Version: v4.8.16
- EMUI: 2.3
- Country: China
- Date: 16 Aug, 2014
- MD5 Sum: E18D771277BAB98661225570A13637CD
Download Link: Click here (Size: 1008.73 MB) to download v4.8.16 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for your Huawei Honor 3X Pro
Disclaimer: This is a developmental (beta) version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat that is not intended for use by international Honor 3X users. Therefore, you have to make sure that your device is already running B611 or v4.7.x firmware onboard. I shall not be held responsible for bricked/malfunctioned devices resulting from the installation of this update. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
How to Flash
- Store a full backup of your device preferably using backup utility offered by MTKdroidTools.
- Download “EMUI2.3_G750-T20_4.8.16.zip” on your PC using the aforementioned link.
- Connect your Honor 3X Pro to the computer using its USB cable in mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder named “dload” in the root directory of phone’s microSD card.
- Copy “EMUI2.3_G750-T20_4.8.16.zip” to the Dload folder. Next, disconnect the USB cable.
- Reboot into Recovery Mode by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power buttons after completely turning off the device.
- The update should start automatically after a few seconds. It’ll take a minute or two to complete.
Well, that should be it! In case you encounter any problem, feel free to discuss it below.
P.S. Don’t ever try to update your phone through OTA once you’ve flashed this firmware!
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.