Galaxy Tab Pro users rejoice! The good guys over at Team Win Recovery Project have officially pushed out the new TWRP v2.7 touch-based custom recovery for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Wifi (SM-T900) tablets. TWRP 2.7 offers better USB handling, option to automatically repair corrupt file systems on different partitions, improved backup utility, and much more!
Custom recoveries like TWRP can actually come in quite handy if you plan to flash unofficial custom ROMs on your device as they let you easily create system backups, configure partitions, provide USB connection support and sport a user friendly GUI, which has a great advantage over existing stock recoveries. That said, this tutorial will guide you how to flash the new TWRP 2.7 custom recovery on your Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Wifi tablet using Odin.
Download TWRP 2.7 Custom Recovery
You can download the official Team Win Recovery Project 2.7 Odin TAR file for your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Wifi (SM-T900) here. Please do note that this recovery is not intended for any other variants for Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, otherwise you’ll be destroying your stock recovery too.
Install TWRP 2.7 on Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Wifi
- A USB cable and latest Samsung USB drivers installed on PC
- At least 60% battery
- USB Debugging Mode enabled on phone
- A just-in-case backup of important data stored in tablet’s internal memory. This can easily be done using Samsung KIES backup utility
Disclaimer: This recovery has been fully tested to work on Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Wifi, but I still won’t be held liable for any kind of data loss/device malfunctions during the upgrade. You warranty will be void and you’ll have to pay Samsung to get your tab repaired. Proceed at your own risk!
2. Flashing Procedure
- Download Odin v3.09.zip package and extract its contents on your PC.
- Execute the extracted Odin_v3.07.exe file.
- Turn off your tablet and reboot into Download Mode by holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until a warning sign appears. Press Vol Up button to enter the Download Mode.
- Connect your tablet to the PC via a USB cable.
- The box named ID:COM should now turn Yellow which means that you’re now good to go.
- Click “PDA” button and select “openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-v2wifixx.img.tar” Tar file.
- Make sure you’ve ticked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin.
- Next, click “Start” and wait for a few minutes until it gets completed.
And you’re done! You’ve successfully flashed the latest TWRP custom recovery on your Galaxy Tab Pr0 12.2 Wifi. In case you encounter any problem, feel free to ask about it in the comments below.
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.