Since the international version of Huawei Honor 3C (H30-U10) comes with a locked bootloader, it is always recommended that anyone who wants to try out the Chinese KitKat firmware on their device should get their phone’s bootloader unlocked first to avoid soft-bricking. In this article I’ve put together a concise step-by-step tutorial on how to safely unlock the bootloader using the good ol’ SP Flash Tool.
How to Unlock Honor 3C’s Bootloader
- International H30-U10 variant of Honor 3C
- Full dump/backup of current system created using MTKdroid Tools
- Stock Android 4.2.x Jelly Bean firmware
- A USB cable and latest MTK drivers installed on PC (Download this & this)
Disclaimer: This technique has been fully tested by developers on Honor 3C but I still won’t be held responsible for bricked/malfunctioned devices at any point during or after the process. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
- Install the required MTK USB drivers you downloaded earlier.
- Download SP Flash Tool.zip on your PC and extract its contents.
- Next, download “Honor3CBootUnlock.zip” on the computer and unzip it too.
- Execute “FlashTool.exe” on the PC.
- Click “Scatter-loading” and select “MT6582_Android_scatter” file placed inside “Honor3CBootUnlock” folder.
- After that, click Window menu and check “Write Memory”. A new tab named Write Memory should appear.
- In Write Memory tab, click Open Raw Data and select “preloader_huawei82_wet_jb5.bin”.
- Set Memory Setting to “EMMC”, Beginning Address to “0x800” and Container Length to “0x1B0EC”. Finally click Write Memory button.
- Go to Download tab and press the “Download” button. Make sure you’ve disconnected the USB cable. Check “DA DL All With Check Sum” option
- A Download Warning message should pop up, click “Yes”.
- Reconnect your phone in Meta mode by connecting it to the PC via USB cable and powering it on without its battery inserted. Wait for a few minutes until it gets completed.
Flash TWRP Custom Recovery
Flashing TWRP’s custom recovery on Honor 3C (and all other MTK devices) has become extremely easy thanks to Easy Magic TWRP Installer. Just download Easy Magic TWRP here, execute the file and flash the recovery on your phone by following onscreen instructions.
You’ll be good to go in no time!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.