Philips has finally gone official with its long-promised Octa core Android smartphone, dubbed Philips I928 (we’re not sure if it arrives in stores under this name), in India for a price tag of Rs. 35,000 (~$600). This phone packs a huge 6-inch FHD display panel, an octa-core MediaTek chip and 2GB of RAM.
Disappointingly enough, despite sporting a high-end hardware, it still features the ancient Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS out of the box – which can certainly be a deal-breaking factor for some customers. On top of that, Philips hasn’t given any word on rolling out any newer OS update for this phone either. Other than that, it seems like a pretty good thing to me. See the specs sheet for yourself below.
Philips I928 Specs Sheet
- Display: 6.0-inch TFT LCD Triluminos display, 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution, Pixel Density: ~367 ppi, 2.5D curved glass display
- Operating System: Android 4.2 KitKat
- Camera: 13 MegaPixel rear camera with autofocus and LED Flash that records 1080p videos @ 30fps with HDR, 5MP front camera
- Dimensions: 160.1mm x 81.8mm x 8.2mm, weighs 168 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh Li-Ion battery that delivers 19 hours of talktime
- CPU: 1.7GHz octa-core (MediaTek MT6592 SoC)
- GPU: Mali 450-MP4
- Memory: 16GB Internal memory, 2GB of RAM, with 32GB external microSD support
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, USB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPRS, EDGE, GPS, A-GPS, dual-SIM support
- Extras: 3.5mm audio jack, MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player, MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV player, and other built-in games and apps.
- Network: 2G, 3G
- 3G Band: WCDMA 2100/900 MHz
- Colors: Black
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope
Price and Availability
There’s still no info when it’ll officially hit the shelves but its price tag has been confirmed by Philips to be Rs. 38,538 ($628) in India – bit pricey, isn’t it? We’ll update you as soon as we get our hands on further details regarding its availability.
Source: Philips India
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.